Saturday, July 24, 2010

Needle pouch - Tutorial

I found very difficult to manage my needles and I was struggling each time to search for the required needle. Finally I thought to make a pouch to organize this needles. I would like to share the making of this pouch as many of us face this problem.
For this purpose the major materials I have used are felt cloth, sponze and Velcro.








Step : 1
The Felt cloth to be stiched with the sponze in all three sides.









Step : 2
The fourth side should be stiched by folding ends.









Step : 3
Turn right side of the cloth and stich as shown in the picture.









Step : 4
Attach Velcro in one end and stich a strip of cloth on the other side.









Step : 5
Attach the other piece of velcro to the strip.
The pouch looks this way
In order to decorate add a show button to the strip.
To keep the needle threader stich a loop in one end of the pouch.
The pouch can be used as follows.
<:AtomicElement>

5 comments:

  1. uma,
    Is the felt cloth and velvet cloth the same? Great tute,thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Deepa Thank U for ur comment.
    The felt cloth and velvet cloth is not the same. The felt cloth is the cloth which is generally used for making dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very useful one uma. The tutorial is great. I'm surely going to try. Do take a look at my blog www.pitstopsofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Uma, thanks for this tutorial. Where did you buy felt cloth from ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anitha,Sorry for the delay in publishing ur comment,I bought the felt cloth from chennai,I think it is available in Raja Market

    ReplyDelete